The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of ISSA, has awarded GBAC STAR™ accreditation to 57 new facilities this week.
Montreal-Trudeau International Airport in Montreal; CenturyLink Field, home to the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks, in Seattle; Lincoln Financial Field, home to the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles, in Philadelphia; additional Hyatt properties; and more are recognised for their thorough approach to cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention.
“Each week, we see more organisations achieve GBAC STAR accreditation and others commit to completing this process because they are dedicated to protecting their patrons and employees,” said GBAC Executive Director Patricia Olinger.
“While it’s unclear when the COVID-19 pandemic will end, we are certain that accredited facilities have the highest regards for health and safety in this new normal along with a commitment to continuous improvement going forward.”
GBAC STAR is an important indicator of a facility’s ability to prepare, respond, and recover from infectious disease and biohazard threats. The accreditation is renewed annually to encourage organizations to document their progress and continually strive for improvement.
The following facilities are now GBAC STAR accredited:
- Montreal-Trudeau International Airport in Montreal
- America’s Center in St. Louis
- ASM Global – Antiguo Casino de Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Buffalo Niagara Convention Center in Buffalo, N.Y.
- Calgary TELUS Convention Center in Calgary, Alberta
- Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, N.C.
- Edmonton Convention Center in Edmonton, Alberta
- Edmonton EXPO Centre in Edmonton, Alberta
- Gatlinburg Convention Center in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Wisc.
- Oakland Convention Center in Oakland, Calif.
- Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia
- Raleigh Convention and Performing Arts Complex in Raleigh, N.C.
- Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
- Visalia Convention Center in Visalia, Calif.
- Adare Manor, a Leading Hotels of the World member property, in Adare, County Limerick, Ireland
- Andaz Singapore in Singapore
- Due Torri Hotel in Verona, Italy
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in Jeju-do, South Korea
- Grand Hotel Majestic gia Baglioni in Bologna, Italy
- Grand Hyatt at SFO in San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco
- Hôtel Martinez in Cannes, France
- Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago in Santiago, Chile
- Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach in Honolulu
- Hyatt House Augusta/Downtown in Augusta, Georgia
- Hyatt House San Jose Airport in San Jose, Calif.
- Hyatt House San Ramon in San Ramon, Calif.
- Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation in Plantation, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs in Franklin, Tenn.
- Hyatt Place Zurich Airport The Circle in Zurich
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina in Cambridge, Md.
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa in Danang, Vietnam
- Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center in Denver
- Hyatt Regency Hengqin in Hengqin, China
- Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill in London
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk in San Antonio
- LEVEL Furnished Living – Chicago Old Town in Chicago
- LEVEL Furnished Living – Chicago River North in Chicago
- LEVEL Furnished Living – Los Angeles Downtown – Flower in Los Angeles
- LEVEL Furnished Living – Los Angeles Downtown – South Hill in Los Angeles
- LEVEL Furnished Living – Los Angeles Downtown – South Olive in Los Angeles
- Llao Llao Resort, Golf & Spa in Bariloche, Argentina
- Motif Seattle in Seattle
- Okura Prestige Bangkok, a Leading Hotels of the World member property, in Bangkok
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa in the Maldives
- Park Hyatt Vienna in Vienna
- Abington Reldan Metals in Fairless Hills, Penn.
- Allied Restoration Services, Inc. in West Covina, Calif.
- Japan House Los Angeles in Los Angeles
- The Avenue Viera in Viera, Fla.
- BC Place, home to the MLS’s Vancouver Whitecaps and the CFL’s BC Lions, in Vancouver, B.C.
- Blumenthal Performing Arts in Charlotte, N.C.
- CenturyLink Field in Seattle
- Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia
- Mizner Park Amphitheater in Boca Raton, Fla.
“The GBAC STAR program is the gold standard of prepared facilities and will help the public gauge an organization’s commitment to the elevated standard of cleanliness that is now essential,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett.
“We are thrilled to welcome additional facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia this week.”
Apply for GBAC STAR facility accreditation at gbac.org/star. To view the list of accredited facilities, committed facilities, and industry supporters, visit gbac.issa.com/gbac-star-facilities-and-supporters/.
INCLEAN is published by the Intermedia Group on behalf of ISSA.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to INCLEAN NZ’s newsletter.