The sale of surface disinfectants has greatly increased over the last few years due to improved awareness of the importance of proper hygiene in preventing the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
A study by market research and consulting firm Future Market Insights has forecast the trend to continue, with the surface disinfectant market to surpass US$6.8 billion in 2021.
Disinfectants, especially in liquid form, have emerged as top-selling products in the market with hospitals continuing as the leading end user of these products.
The demand for surface disinfectants from hospitals is forecast to surge at above 6.4 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Other key takeaways from the market study include:
- The surface disinfectants market will register growth at 8.8 per cent CAGR. Sales are expected to surge amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The US will spearhead growth in North America, accounting for maximum sales of surface disinfectants. Increasing health care spending will seal the dominance of the US.
- Presence of a sophisticated health care infrastructure catapults the United Kingdom as a lucrative market for surface disinfectants
- Germany and France will continue exhibiting high demand, thanks to increasing focus on health and wellness.
- Post COVID-19, sales will rise at a remarkable pace in China, Japan, and South Korea.
This article first appeared on ISSA News and has been republished with permission.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to INCLEAN NZ’s newsletter.