270 Ocean Dr
Twin Waters QLD 4564
The RIA Australasian Restoration Industry Conference will be held at Twin Waters Novotel on the Sunshine Coast from Wednesday, 25 May – Friday, 27 May 2022.
The event will include educational sessions, optional training courses, and networking events.
2022 Australasian Restoration Conference speakers include:
- Jeremy Stamkos, CEO, Restoration Industry Consultants
- Mehmet Ucar, Owner, Quantum Restoration Services
- Vince Manning Owner Mana Technical Services
- Claire Bird, Technical & Managing Director, Litmas
- Brett Cole MD and Chief Occupational Hygienist, Biosafety
- Dr Shelby Berg, Laboratory Manager, Viridis Australasia
- Bryan Jepsen, Environmental Scientist, Keystone Environmental
- Jason Green, Principal Consultant – Occupational Hygiene, Greencap
Topics to be presented include:
- How building failures affect restoration efforts
- The why’s and how’s of containment from a restorer’s perspective
- Drainage headaches for property owners, insurers and builders
- Interpreting mould test results
- The principles of decontamination
- Understanding HVAC systems
- Bridging the gap from building to microscope
- Biological hazards and the restoration industry
Trade show exhibitors include:
- Restore Solutions
- Active Environmental Solutions
- Cool Breeze Rentals
- Airhygiene Training
- Carpet Cleaners Warehouse
- Violand Management Associates
- Aeris Environmental
- Climate Rental Solutions
- TESA Directive
- Restoration Manager
- Prime Ecosystem
- New Life Restoration
The event will also host additional training sessions including an Environmental Day, in conjunction with the Indoor Air Quality Association of Australia (IAQAA).
The Environmental Day will examine current issues with indoor air quality and public health, with speakers to address topics including epidemiology, toxicology, microbiology, environmental chemistry, and restoration. This will be held on Wednesday, 25 May.
Accredited training during the event is the RIA Project Management Course. The two-day in-person RIA Project Management Course is a prerequisite option for all three RIA pillar designation courses (WLS, CLS, FLS). This will take place on Monday, 23 May and Tuesday, 24 May.
The RIA Australasian Restoration Industry Conference will conclude with the RIA Gala Dinner on Friday, 27 May.